In 2014, she illustrated her first children’s book, “The little pig, the bicycle, and the moon” (Simon & Shuster), which won the Quebec Booksellers Prize, 0-5 Years, and has been translated in multiple countries across the globe. She has also worked on “Sloth at the Zoom” (Owl Kids Books) who was the honour book of the Blue Spruce Awards, and many other books in French, her mother tongue.
Her first book as author and illustrator, “The Clothesline“, was published in October 2019 and just won the Peuplier Awards.
Since becoming a mom, Orbie has created multiple illustrated tools on motherhood which have become very popular, like the well-known “Baby Sign language poster”. Her own children are endless wells of inspiration for the webcomic she publishes on her blog.
For several years now, she has produced a cartoon published monthly in the Graffici newspaper.
She regularly visits various schools to offer workshops, sharing her passion of illustrating books and comics with students.
It’s a part of her job that she loves and which greatly inspires her.
French books :
– Clovis est toujours tout nu, Éditions de la Bagnole. 2019
– On a un problème avec Lilou la loutre, Éditions Fonfon, 2018
– Pas de princesse pour les pirates (Les aventures de Sven le Terrible), Éditions les 400 coups, 2018
– Série Chloé et moi (Chloé et les animaux, Fée Chloé, Chloé part en voyage, L’Halloween de Chloé) , Éditions Fonfon, 2017
– Pas de vacances pour les pirates (Les aventures de Sven le Terrible), Éditions les 400 coups, 2017
– La petite truie, le vélo et la lune, Éditions les 400 coups, 2014
– Les vacances, Éditions de l’Isatis, 2014
Awards and Distinctions
– Peuplier Award, The Clothesline, 2020
– Honour Book #1 & finalist for the Blue Spruce Awards, A sloth at the Zoom, 2020
– TPL (Toronto public librairies) first and best, A sloth at the Zoom, 2018
– Quebec Booksellers Award, 0-5 years old, The little pig, the bicycle and the moon, 2015
– Quebec Booksellers Award nomination, 0-5 years old, The Clothesline, 2019
– Harry Black Award nomination, On a un problème avec Lilou la loutre, 2019
– Second prize, Hachette Canada Cartoon contest, Histoire de pêche, 2010