Photo credit : Jean-François Lamoureux
Born in Québec City, Orbie has lived in Cap d’Espoir, Gaspésie, since 2005. A self-learner, she has worked as an illustrator for over 12 years.
In 2014, she illustrated her first children’s book, “The little pig, the bicycle, and the moon” (Simon & Shuster), which won the Quebec Booksellers Prize, 0-5 Years, and has been translated in multiple countries across the globe. She has also worked on “Sloth at the Zoom” (Owl Kids Books) who was the honour book of the Blue Spruce Awards, and many other books in French, her mother tongue.
Her first book as author and illustrator, “The Clothesline“, published in October 2019, just won the Peuplier Awards. and was finalist at the Harry Black (TD) prize and the Quebec Booksellers Prize, 0-5 Years.
Since becoming a mom, Orbie has created multiple illustrated tools on motherhood which have become very popular, like the well-known “Baby Sign language poster”. Her own children are endless wells of inspiration for the webcomic she publishes on her blog.
She regularly visits various schools to offer workshops, sharing her passion of illustrating books and comics with students. It’s a part of her job that she loves and which greatly inspires her.
French books :
– La fin des poux?, Éditions les 400 coups, september 2021
– Attends, je vais t’aider !, Éditions Alice Jeunesse, october 2021
– Est-ce que Clovis est un papillon ?, Éditions de la Bagnole, november 2021
– La morve au nez, Éditions les 400 coups, 2021
– Pas de chevaliers pour les pirates (Les aventures de Sven le Terrible), Éditions les 400 coups, 2020
– Clovis a peur des nuages, Éditions de la Bagnole, 2020
– Clovis est toujours tout nu, Éditions de la Bagnole. 2019
– On a un problème avec Lilou la loutre, Éditions Fonfon, 2018
– Pas de princesse pour les pirates (Les aventures de Sven le Terrible), Éditions les 400 coups, 2018
– Série Chloé et moi (Chloé et les animaux, Fée Chloé, Chloé part en voyage, L’Halloween de Chloé) , Éditions Fonfon, 2017
– Pas de vacances pour les pirates (Les aventures de Sven le Terrible), Éditions les 400 coups, 2017
– La petite truie, le vélo et la lune, Éditions les 400 coups, 2014
– Les vacances, Éditions de l’Isatis, 2014
Awards and Distinctions
– Artist of the year Award, CALQ, Gaspesie-les-Îles, 2021
– Peuplier Award, The Clothesline, 2020
– Harry Black Award nomination, The Clothesline, 2020
– Artist of the year nomination, CALQ, Gaspesie-les-Îles, 2020
– Honour Book #1 & finalist for the Blue Spruce Awards, A sloth at the Zoom, 2020
– TPL (Toronto public librairies) first and best, A sloth at the Zoom, 2018
– Quebec Booksellers Award, 0-5 years old, The little pig, the bicycle and the moon, 2015
– Quebec Booksellers Award nomination, 0-5 years old, The Clothesline, 2019
– Harry Black Award nomination, On a un problème avec Lilou la loutre, 2019
– Second prize, Hachette Canada Cartoon contest, Histoire de pêche, 2010